Phentermine Medication: Benefits, Side Effects, and Dosage
Phentermine Medication: Weight loss!
Weight management is not an overnight process; it takes a lot to shed a few pounds from here and there. It is needless to mention that losing weight is no less a mammoth task as it requires grit and determination to lose weight. There are different ways to lose weight and keep a check on increasing waist size, and Phentermine Medication is one of them.
Obesity – An epidemic
Obesity is a chronic disease, and According to the research conducted by the leading agency that states obesity affects more than four adults in 10, which means out of 10 people, four people are knowingly or unknowingly obese in the United States.
The most shocking result is that ten in one are having severe obesity. The incidence of weight gain and obesity is high. As a result, it’s a breeding ground for obesity-related comorbidities, and Phentermine Medication can help you achieve healthy body weight to feel lighter and full of vigor.
Are you also struggling with weight? Tired of everything from diet to exercise and strenuous physical activity and lifestyle changes, but Alas has no visible results.
The mantra to weight loss is not diet and exercise, and it’s more than that, and you will get to know how you can get rid of excessive weight and manage your weight in two to three weeks with Phentermine Medication.
It takes therapeutic support and assistance when other weight loss measures are ineffective. Weight-loss medications are a godsend as they not only assist you in getting rid of the weight but also reduce the risk of health issues and ailments that may affect your general health.
Here we will throw light on the weight loss elixir that will help you manage weight and keep a check on your ever-increasing weight. Weight medication works in different ways, and this is why it is essential to know about them, and here we bring you an FDA-approved Phentermine medication.
What is Phentermine Medication?
Phentermine is an appetite suppressant pill that keeps checks on weight and obesity. It is an FDA-approved drug for weight loss, only for short-term use.
It is a weight loss medication that will help you manage weight more efficiently. This combination drug is also known as fen-phen, and it belongs to the class of drug called anorectics and appetite suppressants that works in the CNS. It is a scheduled IV Drug from a controlled group of drugs.
Benefits Of Phentermine Medication
Phentermine is a chemically similar stimulant to amphetamine (a controlled substance). In addition, your healthcare personnel may prescribe you phentermine medication if your BMI is 30 or more.
In some cases where the risk of obesity-related comorbidities are present, then individuals who have 27 BMI along with weight-related conditions ( type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol ) Phentermine is advised.
How does Phentermine help in losing weight effectively?
Phentermine medication is available on prescription to help you lose weight without disrupting your body’s mechanism. It will also help you lose weight in the best way possible in a short period.
It is essential to follow weight loss measures along with the pill. In addition, popping medicine alone will not give optimum result; therefore, it is necessary to follow:
- Dietary restriction
It releases a specific chemical messenger that helps you stay fuller through the day, and at the same time, it will aid in reducing hunger pangs.
It helps you stay energized throughout the day without making you weak.
The body’s neurotransmitter(chemical messenger), namely norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin, help you manage the weight as the phentermine pill increases this activity. As a result, you don’t feel hungry and suppress your appetite.
Dosage of Phentermine
Phentermine is available in different strengths and variants in the market.
- Phentermine immediate-release tablet/ capsule
- Phentermine extended-release tablet/ capsule
It is available in different strengths, and here is the breakdown of the phentermine tablets /capsules and Phentermine disintegrating tablets.
Phentermine disintegrating tablets
- 15 mg
- 30 mg
What are the possible Side Effects of Phentermine?
Phentermine may inflict some side effects, although these side effects are transient. If you see any severe or abrupt change in the body, immediately report to your doctor.
Common side effects of phentermine that may occur:
- Dry mouth
- Increase / decreased interest in sex
- Unpleasant taste
These side effects will wash away in a couple of days and usually do not require any medical intervention.
Phentermine dosage And How to take it?
- 8mg thrice a day (TDS) of Phentermine before OR after breakfast.
- 15 TO 37. 5 mg once a day (O.D.) Before or after breakfast or as your healthcare professional prescribes.
- Never use Phentermine in larger doses as it may lead to serious health issues. In addition, do not make up for the missed dose.
- Do not crush, break OR pound extended-release tablets; doing so can be lethal.
- Please do not stop the Medication; ask your doctor as you may experience acute withdrawal symptoms and ask your doctor how to taper it safely.
- It is habit-forming; therefore, there is a slight risk of addiction and misuse. Consequently, do not take Phentermine Medication for more than three weeks.
What not to do when on Phentermine?
- Do not share Phentermine medication with anyone.
- One should not use other weight loss medication and Phentermine Medication as this could be dangerous for health.
- It is not recommended for children less than 16 years of age.
- Do not take alcohol along with Phentermine as it may intensify the risk of side effects.
- Keep a tab on blood pressure levels when on Phentermine as it may increase the blood pressure levels, so it is best to check your B.P.
- Do not drive a car or operate machinery when taking Phentermine.
- Do not take Phentermine if you are expecting (pregnant) or breastfeeding.
Phentermine medication is an FDA-approved drug that helps maintain healthy body weight. The response and effectiveness of Phentermine reach within three to four hours. In addition, Phentermine enables you to lose one pound per week, and the weight loss is far more in the first two to three weeks.